Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 Rls 4.0 harddrive crashed. Back-up will not re-install

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodneyMcSnow

Technical User
Jun 29, 2007
US
I have a BCM400 Rel 4.0 that the harddrive has crashed. We replaced the drive with another pre-imaged 4.0 from Avaya.

I tried to restore the back-up of the BCM from last week and I receive an error that states: Invalid image size. System will not restore......

I loaded the keycodes first and verified that they are valid. The system was a 3.6 and upgraded 3-years ago to 4.0.

Anyone ever come across this?

It's possible that the hard drives are not of the same size.

You also have to patch the image on that new drive to the same level as the one that failed, otherwise it likely won't restore.

tray load keycodes and patch first
then do restore...

Saludos..

JLMT//

How do I know what the old drive was patched at in order to patch the new drive?

I'd install the hard disk, enter in your keycode, then install the latest System patch 029 that is in two parts and a reboot is needed for each part.

Then install desktop 019, although it's not always needed, but I do it anyway. Finally do a full restore.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Looks like the old drive is a 20GB drive and the new drive is 40GB.

The old software level was 4.02.2 and the new is 4.03.x

Do you have access to the patches? If so, how can I get them?

Thanks! Thats what I thought. I am hand re-programming. Only another 7-hours left for 150 phones.

Thanks to all that respoonded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back