Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 - how to copy or move voice mails from one mailbox to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaxl

Technical User
Jan 21, 2010
US
Greetings,

We were in a bind and had to install a new pbx over the weekend and I'm trying to recover some saved vmails from the old system for my users.

I'm able to access the BCM & CallPilot via the browser. I have one i2004 phone working (registered) and it has a vmail box that I can access.

Is there a way to copy or move voice mails from the other mailboxes (shown in the CallPilot Mailbox List) to this mailbox that I have access to? Or a way to export them as wav's?

Thanks in advance.

You can import the greetings and recordings but not the messages.
But having said that.....
If you have done a backup and its the same software version then you can restore the voicemail greetings and messages.

use mailbox manager and login with that mailbox.

ip address/mailboxmanger

I never knew there was a mailboxmanger url. I just tried accessing it for the first time but it says "The webpage cannot be found" in the browser.

Even the mailboxmanager won't allow you to download the messages - it'll show you how many read and unread, etc, but won't show you the messages.

You could use Unified Messaging to see the emails in your Outlook (as an IMAP client):
(After installing the UM on the PC) connect to your old mailbox and copy the messages to local folders.
Then change the settings to connect to the new mailbox, and then copy the messages over to the new mailbox.

If you don't have an UM licences on the machine, then you could try getting try-and-buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back