Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 - Each department Getting it's own Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

nik789

Systems Engineer
Apr 26, 2021
US
I'm having a hard time understanding,

incoming --> HG100 --> VM100
incoming --> HG Customer Ser --> customer service VM
incoming --> HG Sales --> sales VM

I can forward all the HG's To Call Pilot, but how does that get routed to Different Voicemal ?

You cannot forward directly (right away) to a users mailbox.

I pointed this out already in your other thread: But I did not expand enough....

"To get to one of the users mailbox you will have to Overflow it to their DN."
This means it will ring the hunt group, then it will ring (overflow) to the users DN, then based on Forward No Answer it will finally drop into that users mailbox.

That is why I gave the other option to create a mailbox with the same DN as the HG, see my first reply in the other post.
Another note, if you Overflow to Callpilots DN and their is no HG mailbox to match then it will jump into the General Delivery mailbox.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

To get to one of the users mailbox you will have to Overflow it to their DN."
This means it will ring the hunt group, then it will ring (overflow) to the users DN, then based on Forward No Answer it will finally drop into that users mailbox.

I can't overflow it to a specific DN because same person belongs to multiple Huntgroups

That is why I gave the other option to create a mailbox with the same DN as the HG, see my first reply in the other post.
Another note, if you Overflow to Callpilots DN and their is no HG mailbox to match then it will jump into the General Delivery mailbox.

I did that, but it seems to be going to a voicemail that I don't find! General mailbox has it's own recording set.

incoming --> HG 100 --> no answer call pilot DN. I have a voicemail 100. But it doesn't seem to go to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back