Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 Desktop messaging with blackberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

km2601

Technical User
Mar 4, 2008
CA
Has anyone had success with desktop messaging using outlook exchange and getting those voicemail messages sent to blackberry users with windows mobile??

i don't think they make any blackberrys that have windows mobile in them...

I'm curious as well as I have a customer that wants the voicemails sent to their blackberrys as well? So unified messaging and what other extra requirement?

Blackberrys do have windows mobile available.
it seems to be a rule limitation with microsoft, but i am sur there must be a work-around for it.

Blackberry devices are JAVA based and do NOT use Windows Mobile.

However, there is an "add-on" for Windows Mobile called "Blackberry Connect" that allows a Windows Mobile connected to a Blackberry Enterprise Server.

Now if a user wants to receive voicemails on their Blackberry, they will need a late model device with Blackberry firmware 4.2 in order to play back the messages. On the Blackberry devices, just set it up for IMAP and point it to the Unified Messaging Server. It will then just poll the mailbox about every 15 minutes for new messages.

==================================
<INSERT SIGNATURE HERE>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back