Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 4.0 SIP tie to BCM450 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaloli

Technical User
Feb 25, 2010
US
Hello,

I'm running into a trouble with my two BCM's talking to each other over SIP. BCM400 has VOIP GW Trunk keycodes and BCM450 has SIP GW trunk keycodes...I was told this setup should work, but I'm not having any success. I've set up 450's with SIP GW trunk keycodes on both ends before and had no issues. Do both ends need to have SIP GW Trunk Keycodes specifically in order to communicate? All of my routes, pools, dest. codes/digits, rem.access packages, target lines etc. look correct but I can't get them to talk. Appreciate any help you can give.

can you ping each BCM from the other BCM? What happens in BCM Monitor do you see the VOIP trunk pickup and attempt to dial?

Cook1082 is correct.. I learned this lesson the hard way.. It’s got to be SIP to SIP or H323 to H323 to have the 2 BCM talk ”peer-to-peer” without some type of MPCU in between them. VOIP GW Trunk key codes is an H323 protocol.

Feature ** RLS: The feature code to fix annoying phone calls :)

BCM400 GW trunks are only H323. On BCM50 and BCM450 R5 GW trunks can be either SIP or H323 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back