Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 4.0 - insert 1 before area code 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpzan

Technical User
May 14, 2016
US
Hello, got a customer who called yesterday and said the telco has changed things so they have to press a 1 first when making a 10 digit local call. The telco told the customer it's their pbx that's requiring them to press 1 first which we know is b.s.
I told the customer to make the telco change it but I'd check to see if the BCM can possibly be programmed to insert a 1 first whenever the customer dials a 901 area code.
Any input or suggestions?

I also meant to mention the customer has a pri and dials "9" for a pri trunk.

First of all telling and doing are two different things.
Has this been proven? does the client now need to press 91XXX-XXX-XXXX? or is it business as usual with 9XXX-XXX-XXXX ?

You can enter the digit 1 in your Route under External Number.
Route 000 is no editable:
If the system is using route 000 the add route 001 and copy settings from 000 then prog the external # 1
Then change Dest code 9 to use Route 001

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thank you sir.

I went to the site and found what the customer was saying was true. A 1 before a ten digit local number was required to complete the call.

I programmed a 1 in the dialout field of route 001 as you mentioned and it works.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back