Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 3.7: 9 pool vs 911 and 9-911 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cndr99

Programmer
Jun 5, 2016
CA
cndr99 (Programmer)(OP)22 Jun 18 17:51:pardon me, i accidentally created this post in Norstar, now reposting in BCM forum!

Question:

Is there absolutely no way, in the BCM400 R3.7 for a pool code 9 to co-exist with 911 or 9-911 as a destination code?

In:

thread799-1705103: best way to handle 911 in a dial 9 environment

multimedium says to put all the lines in one pool, and delete the access code...

Here's the issue: We have two line pools. I have one station, because of the equipment hooked up to it that is analog and is hotlined out to a pool with a blank number, to make it dial without a line pool code. That pool has only one line in it, and dialling 911 from it is no issue. All the other stations in the building have access to both pools, by dialing either 9 for the main pool, or 7 for the oddball. If I put all the lines in one pool, then the hotlined phone is taking a chance on having the appropriate line out...and everyone is used to dialling 9 for an outside line...

Suggestions?
Or do we have to just buck up and use two other codes for the line pools? Is there a way for an outside line to be in two pools at once?

Cheers!

Verulam Telephone:
Communicating is our Pleasure!

Serving Eastern Ontario

Ok, so here's what I did so far:

1. put all lines in pool "K"
2. /Telephony Services/General Settings/Access Codes/External Code: blank
3. /Line Pool codes/Pool :all access codes blanked
4. /Call Routing/Routes/
Route 001: external# blank, use pool K, DN private
Route 911: external# 911, use pook K, DN private
5. /Destination codes
911: use Route 911, Absorbed length: All
91A: use Route 001, Absorbed length: 1
9911: use Route 911, Absorbed length: All
9A: use Route 001, Absorbed length: 1

So we can dial 9+NPA-NNN-NNNN, like before, but it dials out without giving the second dial tone as before: this is not an issue.

BUT, when I try to move some lines back to Pool A, and give it the access code 7, the system allows it, but dialing 7+ gives the unhappy tone and the message "Denied in Admin" after the second digit is pressed!

Hmmmmm....

Verulam Telephone:

Serving Eastern Ontario

If users are used to dialing 9 then all you need do is setup 2 routes:

9A - Route 001 - Absorb 1 - this route allows 9 and ANY (Wildcard) including 9911
911 - Route 001 - Absorb 0 - this route will actually dial 911 to get the emergency service.

Dialtone should be presented when the full dest code is dialed if the Absorb is set to 1 or higher.

911 may not because it is Absorb 0 so it will actually dial those numbers with the carrier.

As for 7 make sure users have Access to Pool A and not just Pool K

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Curly: The a-ha moment: finally understanding that with 9A you don't need code 9 to access the pool anymore!

Thanks!
DJC

Verulam Telephone:

Serving Eastern Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back