Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM3.7 software patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawford74

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2005
US
I have a BCM200 version 3.7 with no patches applied. Where can I get these software patches? I checked on notel's site and they are not available anymore. I don't have a reseller. Out in the middle of nowhere (Kansas)

I also have a BCM400 version 4.0.203a needing patches also.

3.7 was MD'd which is why there's nothing on the Nortel site. Why not upgrade it to 4.0?

There is a reason why I don't want to upgrade to 4.0. The system can run for months with no problems. then all of sudden all the lights are flashing. Network services is down and unable to log into the BCM. We still have dial tone. The BFT was replace year ago I believe they are blue. A tech told me that the missing patches might be causing the problem. I don't want to put too much money into the 200 because I would just install a new BCM50.

When I sign onto nortel.com/support I can see the cumulative patch 1 readme file but the patch is no longer available.

does anyone know the cost to go from 3.7 to 4.0?

Approx. $650 USD for BCM 3.7 to 4.0 Upgrade Auth code & CD. --- Prices Vary. Migration to BCM50 also requires additional Auth code as well. This will migrate keycodes from BCM200 to BCM50. As a footnote make sure to check if 4.0 upgrade is required for migration of keycodes since you are transferring across software releases. Bottom line going 4.0 now may prove to be advantageous and suit your needs now and in the long run as well. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back