Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM200 PRI Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khosher

Technical User
Dec 4, 2005
IE
I'm installing BCM200 R4 with PRI (euro ISDN) I have the channels provisioned and in pool bloc A. However, when I try to sieze a line, I get a message saying "no free lines"

Anyone have any ideas ?

P.S. first install of PRI on BCM for me.

Have you allocated BlocA in the Line Pool Access against the extns?

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

No free lines usually indicates that you have hit the circuit but there are no available channels. Have you called your provider for test and turn up? Also, check the smartjack if you have one to be sure that you have no alarms.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Have you set up routing 9 as destination, im installing one tomorrow so will follow this post with interest.

If it is a new PRI then I would go with CICNY suggestion and check with your Telco. They probably still have the circuit in a maintenace mode which to you sytstem would look like a busy.

If you have routing set up and all sets have access to BlocA, then I agree with the others, check with the carrier.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS

Thanks for all the speedy responses.

Swapped out the DTM with a known good one, and all came up good.

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back