Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM00 Callers cannot select auto attendant menu options-dtmf

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabledude

Vendor
Mar 24, 2002
US
BCM 400 ver. 4.0.2.03

Setup:
Have googled to the end of the earth with this one and hope someone can help.
Customer has a recently scaled back their operations and staff. They have moved from a T1 for local and long distance to AT&T's IP Flex setup. AT&T's setup has a couple of boxes that convert VOIP to analog trunks (At least this is my guess) They have a total of 8 analog lines provided by this "Gizmo".

Problem:
After moving to the new IP Flex setup, customers can no longer select options from the auto attendant menu reliably. Example- When you press 1 for customer service most of the time the system does not recognize a number has been selected. Sometimes if you press 1 again it will work. This problem occurs with cell phone and land lines. AT&T support has determined that at the exact same time as they moved from T1 to IP Flex the BCM 400 developed problems (No surprise).

Outbound:
No issues making outbound calls

History:
No issues prior to changing from T1 to IP Flex

Other:
Call comes in-> Answered by Auto Attendant->Menu Plays->Select Option->Users Input is ignored-> Auto Attendant Replayed

Other-Other-:
Most of the time it does not work, sometimes it does.

Other-Other-Other-:
The system can accommodate 8 analog lines via a GATM8

Your best friend is BCM Monitor. Run it a watch the trunks for DTMF signally.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Not sure what to look for in the BCM Monitor. I am watching the line monitor and I see the call come in, direction = Incoming, Date, User, State, Duration and the caller ID. Is this where I should see the DTMF?

One of the options is to press * to return to the main menu. Pressing * works but I don't see anything in the monitor.

I want to cover all bases before calling the provider back. We all know what a pain that is.

As the links protocol have changed to being half IP, then the problem seems to be that any DTMF tones can't be made over the new links into the phone system.

If you are able to divert one link off the phone system to e.g. an answer machine and try the test again to confirm if the problem is Telco or BCM related.

As it was working before, my guess is that it's a Telco problem.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Crude guess - but ask AT&T how long their tones are being sent for, and how long the BCM timers are set for to detect tones? Could it be that just pressing the key to DTMF for a very short time is what's bugging you up?

Not sure what to look for in the BCM Monitor."

Look at the calls coming in.
Dial in, watch the call be answered by AA then enter an extension number and see if Monitor shows exactly what you dialed or just part of the number.

I am guessing its the converters.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back