Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Voice Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevpd

Programmer
Nov 6, 2007
US
I have a customer who has about 10 employee's. What they would like to happen is:
A caller form the outside world calls into someone's D.I.D., that person doesnt want his voice mail so decides to zero out. They want that caller to go to the receptionist which is then in a hunt group to ring other phones. Then to the General Mailbox. How is this possible?

What I've done before was put in the extension # of the hunt group into the Auto Attendant which didnt seem to work all that well, instead I got "The operator is not available", figuring that when calls went to that persons mailbox , when they zero'd out they would then go to the hunt group DN. Is there another way to do this in the Voice Mail?

Never tried an HG DN in the attndnt entry. I would think it would work, then overflow to the GD mbox. Are you sure you built your HG correctly?

Adversity is Opportunity

Make sure F982 is set to Operator Availble=Yes.. Also, insure the Hunt Group overflows to the voicemail DN and the voice mailbox uses alternate extension of the hunt group DN. You may not be able to use the GD mailbox, so you will probably need to use a regular mailbox for that user. If you do, then make sure you turn off General Delivery so callers don't inadvertantely get to it..

Also, set F982 Operator DN to the hunt group DN, and same for Operator DN in any tables you are using.

--DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back