Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Unified Messaging email forward "work around" using gotvoice.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCM50

Technical User
Jul 21, 2005
US
Hello all-

Until Nortel makes Call Pilot "really" integrate with Outlook I have found this low cost (low security too :-() on-line solution, from Kirkland, WA. Right next door to Microsoft in fact. Standard Disclaimer: NOPE, I do not know, work for, or represent this new company in any way. I'm just reviewing this free service for the forum.

I am not sure if this works in all telco regions of the world, but it does work for me in Seattle, WA (QWEST and Verizon). The idea is neat, and I wonder if there are other "open source" solutions out there that can do the same thing, more securely. No reason to share with VM with a 3rd party server if you don't need to.

Anyway, I have been using it for a week on my home and mobile VM accounts and it works perfectly. You give it up to 5 VM boxes and related PIN #s and 3 times a day it "dials, retrieves and forwards via .mp3" all your consolidated voice mails. All in the background, pushing mp3s audio files to you, automatically. It is free now while in beta.

It is too bad that NORTEL has not come up with a fee-based service like this. I'd buy it in a minute.

The B2B rep quoted me $275 setup and $35/mo/35 users they can write custom scripts for most modern business PBX systems, like my BCM50. Or you can program your PBX to "out dial" to another VM like your home or cell for free.

In conclusion - I have the home and cell VM covered with this, but have not tried to tie my BCM50 into yet. Anyone else have "bleeding edge" unified message forwarding ideas like this? I'd love to discuss it.

15 extension insurance agency end-user
Seattle, WA

Im sorry but could u tell me whats ur forward message problem is in call pilot?

Hello subx-

I can manually forward CallPilot VM via email easy - I just want automatic "push" of new VM to me, via Internet email. I am NOT able to get Outlook Rules to work in the background for the separate CallPilot mailbox. I am using Exchange 2000 and Outlook XP. No luck getting Outlook rules to "fire" when a new CallPilot VM arrives. When I saw worked so well on my cell and home phone - I thought it might work with my CallPilot needs. Looks like not many readers agreed with me as this thread is nearly dead. I guess I confused folks with my posting. Are there any 3rd party Outlook "rule" products that make CallPilot behave? It is hard to believe this fancy CallPliot Unified Messaging product is so stubborn - and will not auto forward VM via Internet nicely. Is this too much too ask for a new 2006 era telephony product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back