Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Training Suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephonefox

Technical User
Jun 9, 2010
US
Hi guys,

I have the option to do training on the BCM and was wondering if anyone had any info or opinions on which training provider or which class is the best.

I can already do alot on the BCM but I have trained myself using trial/error and the NTPs so I have some MAJOR holes in my experience.

I would love to hear recommendations if you guys have any. Thank!

The Phone Fox

Buy a BCM on EBAY and train your self at your own pace and with the help of forums like this.

You should be able to buy a BCM, with a few licensees for unified messenging, IP and digital sets for under $1500. Does not need to be brand new. If you really get into it then you might buy another BCM and some VOIP trunk licenses to learn that part of the system.

Good luck

Have you ever been given any programming guides about the BCM phone system. Nortel will be shutting down their website next week in order to migrate it onto the Avaya support site. Here is the link to download the guides, which are very useful and easy to follow. I don’t think you need to have Nortel login access to receive them.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back