Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Solution possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatzEye1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2004
GB
Lo folks, I'm trying to design a solution for a client with a unique business plan :

He is setting up a company that rents rooms to businesses on a "full day" or "half day" basis. Each time they book a room they may not get the same one, and he wants them to be able to get their own phone number when they sign up.

He wants them to punch in a code on the phone when they enter the room and the system will automatically route calls to that DID to the specific extension number.

Is this "roaming" format possible? is the BCM the best solution to go for?

there is a feature called "call follow me" ...not in the BCM/Norstar ...
get an M1 ...or other products that have it.

Use the ACD feature on a call pilot with the BCM, then they can enter a code ( just logging into their queue) and the calls will route to them.

By "call pilot" do you mean the voice mail facility that comes included with the BCM or to buy a separate call pilot?

Sounds like you want true hotdesking which means

1. IP phones only on the BCM

2. BCM implementation isn't really hotdesking, more a souped up version of follow me.

3 I'd agree IP office is probably your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back