Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM second call alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy08

Technical User
Mar 31, 2008
US
When a user is on the a call on our BCM and a second call comes in (to the same phone)the phone gives a very loud ring or buzz to alert that the second line is being called. Does anyone know how to disable that feature? The user still wants to be able to see that a second call is there but not have the alert be so intrusive to the call.

Hi Synergy,

I've only seen this feature available on the CS1000/CS2100/ Meridian 1 sets as PBX. Which version of BCM are you using? What type of phone?

I ve actually always wanted this feature to work on the BCM, so I am curious as to how you have it buzzing instead of ringing through? Is it a single tone? Is it the double tone that you normally hear when a call if forwarded to voice mail?

In your case, there is a way to turn a buzz down on the set, but I need to know what you are operating.

Please give details and hopefully we can figure out how to turn it off.

Kinda funny, you want to disable the feature, I want to enable it.....I am in an environment where people tend to long winded on phone conversations, and the Call Buzz is a lifesaver...but it doesn't exist on my BCM50 6.0.

Please let me know your secret! LOL

I do not know the scenario of his phone but you could program the other lines to appear and not ring.

Otherwise set the volume of the ringer lower Feature * 6 and adjust.

But if the second call is 'BUZZING' a single tone and not ringing....that's a Meridian 1 feature not BCM.....I am wondering how that got onto a BCM??

ECartrman is right, DND on busy on each set that wants it. No way to add the "buzz" feature.

He was just saying it was ringing or buzzing. It wont buzz only a muted ring. I have never DND on busy work the way you think it should work, You get a busy tone .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back