Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM saying "keycode req'd" when pressing intercom keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats14

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
US
I have a brand new BCM 50,I started it up, I put my keycodes in it (2 codes to allow one expansion unit and 4 more trunks). it came up and going by Element manager it seems to work. However, when I plug a phone into it, most of the feature codes say "Keycode req'd" on the display. Things like programming memory buttons (F*1), programming Feature keys (F*3), and ringing features, (F*6) all come up with that error. Even worse so do the intercoms! I have changed the phone, and cleaned out the memory, and I still get "Keycode Req" whenever I try do do anything. Any ideas?

Sounds like you're connecting digital phones to the main cabinet, but didn't buy any keycodes for the digital sets on the main cabinet.

You'll either need to run your digital sets off an expansion cabinet, or buy digital station keycodes for the main cabinet.

You are correct...I was told the 50 came with 4 trunks and 12 sets, and they do, IF you buy the keycodes....Thanks!

The digital stations on the expansion module are not keycode enabled (the expansion moudle keycode takes care of it) I thought however that the 50 came with keycodes for four digital sets.

The 50 comes with nothing enabled in the main cabinet. Analog trunks, stations and digital stations must be keycode enabled in the main cabinet. If using an expansion module, you keycode enable an expansion port and that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back