Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcisar

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2002
CA
I'm trying to deal with a few "dialing" issues which I think can be handled by routing but I've never actually written any routing so I'm hoping somebody can at least give me a point in the right direction if it's even possible.

Here's the scenario... BCM with 2 line pools, originally 4 lines (all POTS), now 6 lines (4 POTS, 2 Vonage), servicing 2 companies.

Company A (2 lines) needs to stay at status quo, prime line I/C, dial 9 for an outside line and they're happy.

Company B (2 lines) has added a couple of lines through Vonage... no real problem except that Vonage requires 11 digit dialing even for local calls, so I had to move those lines temporarily to a separate pool to keep things from getting confused. Ideally what I'd like to do is just have company B just be able to pick up and dial (7, 10, 11 digits as they're used to) and have the system dial appropriately dependant on which of the 4 lines the call is going out on. 911 should be forced out one of their 2 POTS lines just to be safe.

Since the 2 Vonage lines are in separate area codes as well, eventually I'd also like to set up such that calls to those particular local area codes will go out the appropriate "local" line (provided it's not busy, fallback to the POTS lines otherwise I guess)... but that's an exercise for the future once the primary issue is solved.

Can this be done? Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
>>>>> Mike <<<<<

worst case scenario ...
if person A from company A and person B from company B want to dial the same number 1415.555.1212
the system can only route to one group of lines ...
so it'll not work out for your setup

you'll needa feature called tenanting which is there on the larger meridian1/succession systems ...not on norstar/bcm

Why not program a line button on company b's phones:
Feature*1
enter digits: 81 hold.
Assuming 8 is the access code for the new line pool for company b.
this will bury the 8 and the 1 and then all national calls are 10 digits.

David Brillert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back