Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM.R400.SU.System.018-200901

Status
Not open for further replies.

pccal

Technical User
Jan 10, 2008
CA
Beware of this patch until further notice. PRI started getting fast busy incoming soon after installing. Nortel is working on fix.

I just noticed this patch on the Nortel site BCM.R400.261-CORE. I will try it tomorrow & see if it works to fix the incoming busy problems.

BCM.R400.261-CORE seems to have fixed it even though the read me says nothing about this as being the fix.

Ran into the same issue myself. Channels would go into a lockout state. Also, the BCM monitor showed calls coming in on PRI channel 5, when it was really being delivered on channel 1.

I also had the issue. Put in the patch last night.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS

Had the same issue. I noticed what caused it was calls over the PRI to a target line that was not assigned to a set. If you watched the UIP trace in BCM monitor, it would show the first call say to B channel 1, the call is rejected. The second call to that same channel would show "channel unavailable." Hence the busy signal. You would also get a ISDN call processing error in the alarm log. Meanwhile the CO sees all channels as in service idle. 2 days on the phone with Nortel and they mentioned that they had that Core-261 patch in beta. We loaded it and it cleared the issue for me. Caused me a great deal of grief!

I'm also having issues with this patch:
two out of three GATM8 MBMs stopped working with the following error message:

AlarmID: 51
Core Telephony - A trunk media bay module has been disconnected.

They show up in Telephony Resources as enabled, but no lines appear in Active Physical Lines.

I've uploaded the latest CORE patch also, with no effect.

Does a cold reboot(power off) re-enable them?
If this issue appeared right after you installed SU18, i would open a case at Nortel, they will probably come up with another Core Patch if its really a bug in SU18.

I tried a cold reboot, but it did nothing. Also, applying the latest core update did nothing. In the end I had to replace the cards; with the new ones, the firmware update was successful after one or two retries (?) but in the end it worked.

I have to check if I can restore the firmware on the two failed cards by installing them on a un-patched system.

Anyway, I'll open a case with Nortel because it seems like a serious issue.

Regards,
Radu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back