Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Log Documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gv82

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2007
Has anyone ever come across documentation on how to read and interpret the logs that can be down from a BCM? When downloaded, file appears as a tar.gz (if I recall properly). I remember extracting the files one time and it was basically the directory structure for the OS and I had no idea where to look.

In this particular case, the BCM rebooted spontaneously according to our local IT resources. I'd like to see if the logs confirm this.

Nope no documentation that I know of, there was an online tool for processing logs but i can not find it on Nortel.com any more

If its not broke tweak it..

Hi All, on the BCM 50 3.0 and the 450 it is under the Admin Applications, BCM Logs Software/Download screen. Read the documentation. it tells you how to download the logs. Some can be opened with "notebook" but all the documents to do this is in "BCM Admin guide" there is a "log viewer"...jk

Cursed and Blessed is the day that we decided telcom would be our profession.

There is a BCM Log Parser tool on Nortel.com that you can use if you have a log in for the Tools menu and you have taken the class for it. It's a nice tool that you can even do a search for a particular incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back