Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Inbound H.323 Trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcisar

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2002
CA
Need to run past you folks if this is possible... and if it is, get a quick runthrough of what needs to be set up how. I have a fair bit of experience administering BCM, but little on the IP trunking side of the system.

I have the need to allow some of my suppliers to call me via H.323. I know two of them use Netmeeting and the other one uses some sort of hardware based H.323 device. To this point I just fire up Netmeeting on my end and let them call that way, but that's awkward if I'm away from my desk.

I've heard that the BCM (ver 3.6) should be able to receive these calls via H.323 trunks (I do have IP trunk keycodes installed). I've gone in and assigned the trunks (line 001 and 002) to a phone, and I've taken a quick glance at the IP telephony settings for trunks, a lot of which don't seem to apply since I don't have a gatekeeper or anything fancy like that. This is pretty much a peer-to-peer type thing.

If I try to call in to the BCM's public IP using netmeeting I just get a "the party has refused your call" error. Should this be able to work, is there something I've missed configuring... any input is appreciated.

Cheers,
>>>>> Mike <<<<<

P.S. Is there any way of reversing the scenario as well, such that I could call out to them via the IP trunks? I'm assuming that I'd have to hard code their IP's or something somewhere since it's not like there is a phone number that I can dial (or can the IP be dialled from the keypad like some other H.323 devices?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back