Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

travistech

Technical User
Mar 6, 2009
US
First time on BCM 50 System? replaced expansion module #1 (4-line co) with a 4X16 combo..was told that this would come up automatic for 16 more dn's? Changed exp mod # 1 to show 4X16 combo in programming. existing with 12 dn's on new 66 block phones are not reconized on top 16 prs,just keep blinking? In programming it shows dn's 13,14,15,16,and then shows orig (4) CO ports.065,066,067,068. I reset system a couple of times but always comes out the same. I have installed many 308's,616's,8X24's,mics's,voice mails,etc & programming is not a problem,however while the same programming is used for the BCM's I must be missing something to allow the 16 more dn's to be reckonized by the system... I was also told no key codes needed for this? AGAIN: reminding you my first time with the BCM-50?

check your key codes, you need a keycode to add an expansion cabinet. The lines 61, 62, 63, and 64 are the 4 trunks in the main cabinet.

Are u connecting the phones to the right amphenol? Remember one is fir trunks and the for stations. Flip 'em around and see if they come up. Also, all dipswitches should be in the on position on the mbm.

End is right you do need a (one) Auth code for each expantion module to be seen by the main unit.

NOTE: Original exp-1 GAM4 I think.66 block Left side amphenol was from the MBM & 12 dn's! The right side amphenol was from the GAM4 with no connections. The GAM4 was removed and replaced with the 4X16 Combo, The right side of the 66 block now became connections for 16 dn's. The (4) co line connections are made thru Modular RJ11 connectors on the 4X16 module. are the key codes different for the original exp-1 module which I removed & added th 4X16 combo in its place?

Didn't realize u had an old style 4x16. Are the dips in the default position like I stated above?

I know you said you set the card in programming.
Ckeck your telephony resourse settings again and make sure you have ENABLED the card correctly.
You may have SUB menus off this card and need to ENABLE BOTH of them same as in a 32+mbm which splits into 2 sections.

Plus, you need a telephone x-connected to bring it up fully.

"Adversity is Opportunity

And the trunk will be on the first Bus and the 16 will be on the 2nd up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back