Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM event 247

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reff2828

Vendor
Oct 19, 2009
CA
I have a BCM 400, 3.7 that is constantly resetting. The only recurring event is 247.

Event code: 247
Reset:
No
Description:
An invalid channel related event was received.
Action:
Record the event message and contact your local support group.

The DSM 32 nad the BFT have both been replaced, yet the system keeps restting.

The site has not had a patch installed since 2006, but do not believe is an issue.

I've looked on the event guide for 247 and have found the following below, which is almost the same as what you have got.

247: LI_BadTrans P4 'A' Trace TestLog
247: | CAUSE:
247: | An invalid event was received for the current channel state.
247: | ENVIRONMENT:
247: | The event occurs on the KSU.
247: | HUMAN ACTION:
247: | Customer should contact installer to get tracebacks.

I think that you may have a problem on the hard disk as it's running the old NT software for the 3.x versions.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

maybe a power supply issue. Had a system spit out multiple alarms for parts not connected to system but no power supply alarm. sets would reset. eventually changed power supply and all ok.

I just had one do this, it turned out to be a bad MSC card. But I was getting 680's and 50-1 alarms under diagnostics. I found that 50-1 expecially refers to a failing msc card. My system was loosing connection to the MSC, causing a reboot, it looked just like a bad BFT

Patch the system regardless of what you think.
I replaced every single component once only to find a patch fixed my issue (voice mail stopped responding) even though was working fine before.
Then move on to replacing parts.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back