Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Digital Mobility Solution on UCx

Status
Not open for further replies.

koulioumbis

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2009
GR
Hello
Is it possible to convert the BCM450 system to UCx keeping also the Digital dect handsets along with the T and M sets and all the 200x - unistim sets? and then add new SIP sets based on customer needs?
Thanks

Nikos

Yes - the digital mobility controller presents DECT phones to the call server (BCM or UCx) as regular digital phones.

Koulioumbis give me a call @800-753-9103, we are an authorized distributor of UCX with many dealers.
Jay

I did one a couple of months ago with over 300 phones on it. Works perfectly.

Conversion is simply replace the existing hard drive with an emetrotel supplied SSD and voila! The BCM450 is now a digital gateway that will be pointed to your new UCx server.

Please note the UCx is NOT JUST for Nortel phones but can utilize a variety of SIP phones a swell. Yealink phones work great on the UCx. And from a troubleshooting\maintenance perspective, because the Yealink phones are SIP, you can add multiple accounts to them. So, you could have the account of your own UCx and the accounts from your customers on the phone as well. I have a Yealink T48G with an EXP 40 Expansion Module and have seven other UCx system registered to it. Of course each account will use a User License from the respective UCx and the UCx must be configured to allow external ISP accounts\phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back