Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Dialing Plan Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtech00

Programmer
Jun 16, 2010
QA
Hi

I am having trouble in sending digits to CO.Our CO is going to add one more digit to existing numbers,the problem is whenever i am trying to call that new number range the reveiver cannot see the full number ie, the first digit is missing.I am using BCM 200 from my side with new number range.

Old Local Number Length from CO = 7
New Local Number Length from CO = 8
Public Received length = 4
Public Numbering Plan - Public(Unknown)
Prefix : Default - 8
System Region - UK
Trunk Type - PRI

Can anyone help me on this....thanks.

Are you having a problem with dialing out of the BCM (Routing)or is the Problem Dialing into the BCM (receive digits).

If dialing out make sure the Dest code 9 is set to OVERLAP(service Type).
This gives you dialtone so as you can dial out.

If its incoming calls and nothing changes except the receive lenght then every looks ok to me.
Is the calls being received to the correct phones.

Is it just the First 0 missing from the incoming Number.

If in Doubt Patch it out.

Yes i am having problem with dialing out from BCM,all the incoming calls are landing to proper extensions.I am sure that the service type is Overlap.

I dont think the problem is with the BCM. I would expect it is with the Telco. They control what Numbers are sent to the call receiver. If you have a PRI Tester you should be
abe to see what numbers the system is sending.

Yes it is the problem with CO, they are expecting 8digits from BCM side.when we changed the OLI to 8digit it seems working.

Thank you all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back