Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pshook

Technical User
Mar 9, 2005
US
I am a BCM/Norstar guy and I have my first IP office. I am pulling my hair out just trying to get a call to complete. Any where on the web that might give me some useful help on getting this thing to work. Its a simple system with 5 phones,3 incoming lines and voicemail.

Incoming and outgoing calls. Routing. I have a login and will try that Thanks,

understandably you are frustrated and not to throw fuel on this old fire, but should you have done at least a boot camp before embarking on installing this into customer sites?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Indeed, incoming call (routes) (hint) is basic stuff.
ARS (another hint for outgoing) and shortcodes (also needed for outgoing but many other stuf too) is basic stuff too.
At least take a couse or you and the customer will dislike the ipo while it is much better then the BCM.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Quick tips from BCM camp myself:

Target line / line ~~ ICR for incoming

Route / Pool Access code ~~ Shortcode for outbound
=========
For ICR , with POTS , leave incoming number blank , destination is whatever user ( think as DN ) or hunt that you want to receive calls
Line group id is like line # in BCM .

Outgoing is by shortcode 9N / N / Dial with line group id like POOL A etc in BCM world . Line group id should be zero ( or 50:MAIN if you want to use ARS at later time )

I would not attempt to assign line directly on the user's button , train them to use 9 for dial out .

Fire off SSA ( like BCM monitor ) and you can see what you are doing for incoming & outgoing

This is bare essential info but it should get you going in 5 minutes
IPO is not that hard if you are already know BCM

Hope this help,

madwok

train them to use 9 to dial out? No No No... ;-)

use Call Appearance buttons. three are labels a= b= c= already.

label these Call 1, 2, 3

or just have two CA keys instead. this way they can press a CA key for a "line out"

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

My cheap users have bunch of 2500 sets and crappy SIP endpoint so we use 9 :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back