Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Comparison Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoneGURU

Technical User
Nov 12, 2004
CA
Hey Lads/Gents,
I have a client that is requesting info on a BCM 50 system vs MICS Sys vs BCM 200.

I'm looking for a comparison chart that would compare max analog trunks/digital stations/mobility/ip stations/ip trunks etc......I know the MICS side well, its just the BCM side....
He will start with 8 analog lines and 26 extensions but may grow down the road. I'm trying to figure out the best route to take.....
Thanks a lot...

I don't have any brochures or matrixes, I would advice with those parameters, a BCM50.

Adversity is Opportunity

It all depends on how big they think they will grow and if they will use TDM or IP phones and/or Trunks.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Ok,
I believe your right regarding the BCM50. It seems to have more scalability.
They have specified analoge trunks...

Does anyone have a quick and dirty on bcm50 vs bcm200 as far as analog lines and digital station maxes?
Its a little confusing as I'm reading many different specs.
I know there are a few different scenarios, but based on 8 line 26 extension rollout excluding IP sets...
What can the customer grow to on the 50 vs 200 with analog trunks and extensions?
THANKS FOR THE GUIDANCE!!!!!

The BCM 50 would be almost at max using analog trunks and digital phones.

The BCM 200 could have a Max of 32 Digital phones and 8 analog trunks.

A BCM 400 could goto a max of 192 digital phones or 48 analog trunks or a combo of both. So you would have growth available on the BCM 400

it alway helps to have what the customer thinks his max growth will be.

All three are pretty close in base cost to start.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

the nortel web site under products has a quick BCM technical spec sheet

Actually a BCM 200 could go to 8x48 with a DSM32 and 8x16 module or 16x32 with 2 8x16 modules. A 50 could have 4 trunks on the main cabinet and 12 dig stations also and then expand using 8x16 modules taking you to 12x28 with 1 expansion or 20x44 with both expansions. Or you could change that up and use a DSM 32 on the 2nd expansion based on what you need. And if in the future add IP phones if they needed to add more phones beyond that but thats kind of pushing the limits.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back