Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM CDR setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

customcomm

Programmer
Oct 11, 2005
US
I have a customer we installed a BCM 3.7 system and he wants to see a log of long distance calls from certain exts. As I knew that the BCM had a cdr client software ini it I thought it would work. I have now talked with 2 other installers that said they couln't get it to work either. One said I would have to use a third party software. How can this be? Please feel free to help me.

i suggest walking through the set up steps in the CDR system programming guide. The info is on the BCM, under documentation.

Thats not my fastball, thats my hurry up and get by you pitch... Satchel Paige

I am not sure but you may have to have a keycode to initialize the CDR portion of the BCM. Never used the CD portion of the BCM

You might want to try the BCM Forum, this is the Norstar forum and you might get a better responce.

BCM CDR can be set up for CDR Push, Pull or Real time. Depending on the version, you will have DCOM (prior to 3.6) and Socket based real time CDR.

You may need a number of patches if you are having problems with CDR. There are a number of known issues. Secondly, you will need some third party tool (if you don't use CDR Push) to connect and collect the data. Then Nortel tools are only samples and very limited.

S16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back