Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM CallPilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

srtelengine

Technical User
Mar 31, 2006
US
I have 2 3.7 BCM's with a PRI between with for a tie. Destinations and routes have been built and can call all active DN's even through each AA. But when I call into site A AA and try to hit a skillset on site B the call drops and vice versa. Using SL-1 protocol between them. The question is since skillsets are considered mailboxes also to get this to work I would have to network the 2 CallPilots also?
Thanks

So, you're calling site A and the A.A. picks up......then you dial a CDN of a skillset which is located on site B and the call drops?

Yes that is what's happening. I have a PRI between them using SL-1. I can put on an extension and works fine and soon as I have AA or Call Center answer it rings once then drops the call.

Thanks for the reply.

If you are asking # of rings it's set to zero, but i've tried other values and still does not work. I think i've found a patch for that very same issue. but now having trouble loading patches.

This problem was resolved, but now we are having issue calling a CP SS DN from another DN on that same system. The call will just ring, and will not get picked up by CP. However if you call that same DN dialing the external number for the switch, and then selecting that SS or dialing the SS DN it works fine. It also works if you are dialing the SS DN at site A from site B, vice versa.

Same issue occurs at the other site for SS DNs within the system.

That's normal. CDNs/ACD Queues/Skillsets cannot be called internally - all calls to a skillset must originate on a trunk.

thanks biv, I am thinking of either setting up a speed dial to the external number. Have the agents call the speed dial and enter the DN of the ACD group they are trying to reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back