Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bcm call pilot question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohdhy

Vendor
Mar 14, 2007
JO
hi all,
1. in call pilot when a caller presses a non defined number or * he hears :"that command is recognised please try again", the question is :can i replace this messege by one i recorded .

2. another related question , when a caller dials a non-existing extension , he hears :"one moment please "..and then he hears "you have enterd an invalid extension"

i want record a msg instead of "one moment please " or remove this one ; even if this is a right extension ,and i want the caller to hear -if the extension is not exist - a msg that i record .

is it possible?

thanx

These system prompts cannot be re-recorded unless you find a way to access the root(in linux) and replace them there which i doubt.

ok , thanx gberger and thanx NORTEL for this great system

Blame Nortel for the talent YOU lack. That's great.

bluemr2, thanks for polite reply .

i think you are talented enough to help me in this case!!!!

actually , the customer wants to record the greetings in a language that is not supported by bcm callpilot . so do you think it is a logic to inform the caller that he has enterd an invalid entry in english "that command is recognised please try again ", for example. or by another langauge that they cannot understand .

again, thnk you.

mohdhy: if you are truly a Vendor, you should be able to get this info from Nortel and the do make it in at least 10 language's.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back