Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM and wireless IP handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDproductions

Vendor
Mar 28, 2003
US
Has anybody installed wireless IP handsets on the BCM? I know Nortel makes a wireless handset (WLAN VoIP Handset 2210, 2211), but i do not know how well they work. I have a situation where i will be needing about 75 or so.

Thanks

I've already installed them on some machines and it works fine.

did you need anything special to make them work, or just strait out of the box?

A Nortel 2245 WLAN-Manager is required (should be shipped if you order the phones)
Configuration there is not really complicated. Some free IP-Adresses are required.
Be sure to have the latest firmware for your WLAN-phones ready. (TFTP server required)

thats it :)

just ask if you need more assistance

how many did you install? I am looking at 40 or so. Any problem with that many?

i've installed around 20 i think. but 40 should be no problem. just be sure that you're WLAN infrastructure is working well.

thanks for the help. Can i email you directly if i have any other questions?

We have been trying to get this 2210 configured on a BCM for 3 days now. We have the 2245 and the Trapeze WAP. We are not quite sure how to configure the Gateway for the handsets and how to get TFTP to work. We have an FTP server but there is no where to enter the username & password in the TFTP settings on the handset. Does the gateway in the handset get configured to the 2245 or the BCM?
Any help would be much appreciated since we have not been able to locate any configuration docs for the 2210.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back