Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bcm 50 web interface password

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnuf

Vendor
Aug 26, 2006
US
anyway to recover or reset the password on the port 0. I can get a prompt from the bcm 50 (which is fairly new) and I tried the nnadmin username and default changeme password. No luck

If you have access to Nortel support, they can get to it remotely and reset it for you (costly though). Failing that, you will have to do a level 2 reset which will erase all custom programming and revert back to the default settings. Hopefully it's not a system that has been upgraded from a previous release. If it was, and the tech didn't install the OS patch, you will revert back to the original release (a real pain to correct all that). Outside of that, you're pretty much toast.

The only other hail mary is if you know the customer's login and they have administrator rights. If so, you can just reset the nnadmin password to whatever you want, but like I said, it's a real Hail Mary.

Oh, and I assume that when you say port 0, you're referring to the OA&M port (far left one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back