Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 VICEMAIL ISSUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

telllman

Vendor
Feb 9, 2010
CA
We have a bcm 50 in the field that has an issue today as you call in to get the clients main greetings and you get more like a default voice saying enter the extension or press 0. Seems to be like the general mail box perhaps.

Client cant dial F983 or F982 and no staff can access their mailbox...Phones work and they can call out. We have not been to site for 4 years so not sure what we can do with this ??? any help would be appreciated

It might be an idea to get a backup done first. Failing that, to ask the customer to do a shutdown for 10 minutes and then power it up again.
There is no guarantee that it will come back up but most of the time it should be OK.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I suggest you got to site and login with BEM:
-Restart the Callpilot service.
-Check the alarms for any issues
-And yes, back it up!

It might have an injured power supply or a failing hard drive.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Many thanks to both for the help I will do what you said

For my info if i get a current back up and we need to replace the KSU its a 6.0 currently. I would need a BCM 50 that has the 2 expander licenses also in it correct as key codes are no longer valid. Do i just upload back up into new ksu I get ??? Its a big site about 50 Ext...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back