Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 - Telco analog Trunk -Call Waiting Feature ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atechguyy

Technical User
Mar 19, 2003
CA
Hey There,,, I need a little tek -tip help ,, with a shared BCM50 -- the 2nd Business has 1 Analog Trunk with Call Waiting Beep when their 1 line is in use ,, they sometimes use the line with the Polycom Conf. Phone which will get the beeps when in a conference call .Ok i see on i can put the Polycom on DND on Busy with the B.E.Manger. . So the first question is can a Telco call waiting be sent to AA menu & or V.mail when line in use?? I know there is Forward when busy option. Also can a polycom soundstation 2w while in use be put in DND ?? Thks 4 Tips.

Ok i see on i can put the Polycom on DND on Busy with the B.E.Manger.
Durham/Kawartha ,Ont.

can a Telco call waiting be sent to AA menu & or V.mail when line in use?? "

Negative, AA can only Answer trunks, in this case it's already in use by the current call.

Workaround 1
Get rid of Call Answer and add a rollover line

Workaround 2
if having a greeting is a must...
-Have Call Answer put on the line
-Have the Trunks notify sets needed for Ext voice mail indication.
-Setup Voice Mail Center #2 to call *98PP1234

Workaround 3
-answer the damn call in the board room via Flash *71 then Transfer via Flash *70 2XX

clown_kymslz.gif

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thks CurlyCord, i thought i went through explaining this a year ago to the customer ,on the call waiting,,also the transfering from the Polycom probably would be to annoying because they may get several calls at 1 meeting . Thks again 4 quick draw response.

Durham/Kawartha ,Ont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back