Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 Rls 2 chassis trying to install a Rls 1 hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradcrf

Vendor
May 20, 2004
CA
Hello,

Our BCM 50 Rls 2 for our test lab lost it's hard drive. We have a customer with a RLS 1 BCM 50 so we bought a RLS 1 hard drive for the lab machine (also to be a spare for the Rls 1 customer). It will boot and I can get in with element manager but certain tabs wont open and the nortel status led stays flasing red but the power led is on solid green.
Does anyone know how to downgrade the chassis to Rls 1??

Thanks in advance,
Brad

The BCM 50 release 1 and 2 keycode will work with either release, so you could use an Image from another BCM 50 release 2 system.

I'm guessing that you were able to upload the original BCM 50 release 2 keycode again?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

the startup profile fails. The system never fully comes up the status lights stays flasing red. I assume this is because I'm putting a R1 drive into an R2 box. Any suggestions???

As far as I know, this won't make any difference. Follow the instructions on finding the IP address via a Telset. It sounds as if the Release 1 disk is faulty or put the disk back into the original BCM release one unit.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back