Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 rings half ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirehoud

Technical User
Dec 3, 2015
US
I have a BCM 50 with a PRI.
Programmed CCR tree to answer 0 rings.
CCR tree rings to a hunt group.
Telephone rings half ring before CCR tree answers.

If a human is to answer then the Target Line must be set to Appear and Ring or Ring Only.

If AA (Auto Attendant)is to answer then you need to remove the Ring part from that set

If it is currently Appear and Ring then make it "Appear Only"
If it is currently Ring Only then make it "Unassigned"

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

If I recall correctly, you have to set the number of rings in Call Pilot to be at least 1 ring. I usually set it to 2 rings. It's one of those wierd things that you need to be aware of.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

If the Line is assigned to the Table that the CCR tree is assigned to and it is set to 0 rings then the AA should answer on the first ring especially if you have PRI.

If you are getting a Chirp on some phones then I would think you have that line assigned to the phones.

If the AA is not supposed to answer the calls first and is used to maybe back up the HG in the event there is no answer then change the Line Rings to something like 6 but make sure your HG overflow is set higher than 6 rings so the AA will get it.

If the AA is supposed to answer all calls first then un-assign the lines fron the sets.

there are a lot of variables here.

Here is a link to the Auto Attendant setup guide for more info.

Thank you for all the programming tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back