Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 R6 remote IP 1230 phones time out when dialing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Yur

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2022
US
I have a BCM 50 R6 with a new hard drive and patch updated. We have 1 remote IP 1230 phone off site. It connects and shows buttons but when you call out you get a busy signal. It seems to time out after several seconds. A speed dial button allows you to dial out though. Transferred calls also drop after the phone at the main site drops off.

If I remember correctly, to use a remote IP phone with BCM50, you need the NAT Traversal for Remote Working keycode activated and the extension configured to use NAT traversal.

I have NAT transversal key code in the system. I don't remember configuring an extension to use it in the past. Where is that done in Element Manager?

I believe you need to
- Under Telephony Resources / IP Sets
emable Registration and check the Remote Worker checkbox
- Under IP Subsystem
enter the public IP address of your router in the Provisioned Public Address field

Yes, we did that. The phone connects fine. You can intercom extensions but when you go to access a SIP trunk to call out you get Line 012 busy. The SIP trunks are 000-012. The carrier has an Edgemarc router installed that is set up for 6 paths. The on site digital phones go out the same lines 012 and 011 and it works fin on site but not with a remote IP phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back