Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 - Problems with picking up calls ringing in

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeledataInAZ

Technical User
Oct 12, 2006
US
I am having an issue with picking up calls that ring in. System is a BCM 50 v 1.00.2.04.j and we believe we have downloaded the latest patches. When a call rings in from the outside and you press the line key on any set the call will stop ringing and the indicator triangle will go out, and the time and date return to the display. The outside party is still hearing ringing and if you press the line key again you can pickup the call even though the indications are gone. Sometimes if you wait the ringing will pick up again after about the forth ring cycle and if you press the line key you can pick up the call, but other times the calls will disappear again at this time. Any help or insight someone could provide would be great. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure this is the case but i've had this, can you pick up the call (Press the button)when it's ringing And when it is not ringing you can't. This is on alalog lines -ring voltage-Phone company problem.The Ph Co sends voltage when it's ringing then the voltage totaly drops when it's not ringing like there is no call at all And you can't pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back