Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 - Press button on counter to page for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

clintf

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2008
CA
Faced with a new problem within our dealership wondering if anyone can help me out. During our night shift the counter is left unattended which leaves the customers waiting to be seen to get service. I was wondering if there was any way to add a button on our service counter that the customer could press to send a page over the paging system that the customer is waiting for service. I know i hear this at the big box stores all the time you press the button and it pages customer service is needed in the painting department.

but does nortel have anything that will work with the BCM 50 and 400.

thanks guys.

paging system is Valcom 2006a and i believe 2001

This could have unintended consequences, but a M7100, with no Prime Line access and the single button programmed for Speakers, Sets, or both might work.

"Adversity is Opportunity

Look at Nortel's new(-ish) Advanced Paging Productivity Package (APP) in BCM50 3.0 and BCM450. I've not used it, but from the documentation, it does precisely what you want.

==================================
<INSERT SIGNATURE HERE>

You are going to have to rig something outside of the phone system. Some sort of audible device you can connect into the paging speakers.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

Before you do something you will regret, look into the new APP that Nortel offers on the BCM50 Rls3. That is what you want.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS

How about a Norstar door phone it can give you chimes over
your overhead which sounds like what your looking for.

Rick

APP is the way to go.
or one of those bells they have at Motels (LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back