Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50- No voicemail operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

telllman

Vendor
Feb 9, 2010
CA
Hi Guys

I have a client that called and says voicemail button says inactive feature-So BCM 50 feature 981 say inactive. Also you call in and voicemail is not answering lines. I had them re power unit and did not make a difference. I am going to site Monday AM what should be my plan of attack as its been a wile since I had an issue like this !!!

Callpilot not working is the sign of a bad hard drive since it relies on the hard drive unlike the phones.

-See what F983 says when you press it.
If you can login SETNNA and config password then press 4 to see if Vmail = Y

-See if laptop can log into the browser or error loading the page.

While you still can log in with Element Manager you need to note these (in order!) before it crashes:
-Note what they have for license's on the list under Config tab system/licenses
-Note the software version # under System/Identification
-Note what patches are loaded in the Admin tab under Software Management/UpdateHistory (note the details in the Name and Version columns)
-Then look everywhere else and take as much programming notes as you can.

Then finally try to do a backup from under the Admin Tab.
Backup to your computer.
Choose only:
Callpilot Configuration
Telephony (I think on older releases)
You do not need to backup CDR (takes for ever) and IP music until you have at least backup the important stuff.

The CDR just reminded me if the BCM is old with heavy phone users then the CDR log maybe hogging too much hard drive space which can wreak some havoc.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back