Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 Latest Image for a New Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

barneyraymond

Technical User
Apr 10, 2007
US
I purchased 3 BCM 50's that all have passwords locked out (No the default password). I pulled the hard drives and was able to download the .lic files from them. I am looking for the last software image Nortel came out with - The Last One available. I have purchased 3 new hard drives (found the recommended ones on Tek-Tips). From what I have read on this site, I just need to install the latest image and then rename the .lic file and upload it and I should be good to go. I have about 15 IP phones and 15 T-7316's. I figured I can get them setup for a new office or someone wanting a better phone system then they have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried downloading them from Avaya ( but since I am not a licensed installer with them, I can not access the files.

Thanks and Happy Sunday Everyone.

Barney

Hello Barney

Your licence file might be dependent upon the software release that the keycode was generated for. The keycode structure changed at release 5.0.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I have what you need.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hi Firebird!! Is there a way to check this? I have all the .lic files on my PC. Would it be best to send them via your website?

Barney

HI Curlycord,

I sent you an email via your website.

Thanks - Barney

Hello Barney

Please follow Curly's advice. It's not as simple as you would think as upgrading BCM's can be a tricky business as getting it wrong can make the motherboard unusable if the wrong boot files are altered.

I would suggest that you confirm the type of BCM 50 that you have as a BRI one such as a BCM 50b needs to be handled differently.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back