Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 Lan Coonection

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephoneboy

Technical User
Dec 24, 2002
US
Hi Folks,

I am not a expert on the BCM 50. I have worked on my first system this week. I have purchased one to set up in my shop and I went to a class for a week. So if you dont want to help me thats okay. I have some basic questions about the LAN connections. Can I connect me BCM to my office LAN. If so can I access programming thur my LAN or do I have to connect to BCM thru OA&m Port. I am also hoping to figure out how to set up a VPN to set an Ip phone at my office and one at my home and have them connect to the system. Any help would be aprpeciated. I have been a MICS/CICS tech for 23 years. The BCM 50 and 400 seem to be forced on me to support my conpanies customers. thanks for any help.

Sincerely, thephoneboy

You can connect any of the LAN ports except the OAM port to your network. Once connected u reach the BCM from your network PC via whatever IP u pgm on the LAN port.

Thanks That Makes since. Where do you programm the IP address? Is it under data services? Do I need to turn DHCP off? Thanks Ahead of time

Sincerely, thephoneboy

resources, network interface or ip subsystem. BCM 400 & 50 call it differently on each system. I think the OAM is the only one w/ DHCP. I think u have to turn it on if needed on the other lan port.

DON'T FORGET YOUR KEYCODES. No keycodes means no phones, vmail, or trunks.

Got All keycodes installed. They all work okay. I cannot find resources, network interface or ip subsystem. I Will try again tommorow or should I say later today. Thanks for all your help.

Sincerely, thephoneboy

Try looking under system. It's named & located differently on the 50 compared to the 400.

You need a static IP adress form your network to put on your 50.

You can make sure your DHCP is off under: Data Service> DHCP Server> General Settings.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back