Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 IP Trunk Question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I am trying to add a route for IP trunking. We have all the required licenses.

When I used element manager, I click on Telephony resources and then under Modules, IP Trunks. The bottom portion of Element manager should populate with the details for the IP Trunk 'module' which includes routing table, IP Trunk settings etc.

For this system, once I click IP Trunks I get an hourglass and then nothing forever. The bottom portion never fills in with the IP trunk details so I cannot add the details to get this IP trunk set up. Very frustrating. Any ideas?

Install the latest version of the Element Manager

I am using element manager 2.59.0 with cartridges installed for R6, R5 R3 and R2. Not sure what the latest version is.

Sounds like you are on R3 or under.

Regardless it appears you need to update Java and the EM.
If you do not see options most of the time is Java is not playing well.

First update your EM here to 62.0.05(latest):
Then update Java from the console or go here:
Note that there are issues with some versions.
Best to try the latest Java first which today is 1.8.0_91

This version works for me on Win 10 - 64 bit

If it does not work then try installing an older Java version 1.7.0_79
You can have several versions of Java running running, you can disable or enable each version if need via Java Console/Java Tab/View button.
There is a MD5 fix but cumbersome having to edit each undated version and why I don't use/need it.

A side note when using the EM update page or going to the main page of the BCM is it can take up to 45 seconds to load the menu, not sure of a fix or cause yet.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

i have another laptop with 60.3.0. so I will try that one and if no good, try the upgrade!

thanks so much!!!

Follow Curly's advice on downloading the last version of EM 62.0.5.
You will probably have to make changes in Java first so that the security status is set to high and not very high. Then add in the link that Curly provided in the allowed section and also you might have to add in any BCM systems IP addresses.

It's best to use Microsoft Internet explorer to obtain the EM software, but other browsers might still be OK.

If your Java is on the latest release, then you need to follow the attached guide on how to change a setting to allow EM to work with the latest release of Java as recent updates cause a lot of grief a while ago.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

The latest release of Java did not work, the 1.7 release worked perfectly.

For some reason have a location whose route will not go out. So if the destination code to the route is 42 and should dial another BCM over IP turnks. The route is built, the destination code is built, the remote IP is there. As soon as we dial 42 we get invalid number. There are no other uses for a leading 4 in this BCM. I did find hunt groups with a leading 4 but I changed all of them. Still we get invalid number when we dial 42. Other outbound IP trunk routes work fine.

Best to start a new thread for that.

Thanks for update

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back