Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 Hunt group question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
R3 BCM 50. I have 4 phones in a hunt group (like a sales group) taking calls via the auto attendant. No CO lines on the phone, just 4 intercom appearances. I set the Hunt group to ring only but I can only get 1 call per phone. At the moment only 1 person taking calls, if they are busy on the phone and hear the other phones ringing, they must put the call on hold for the second call to ring them. Maybe I have DND on Busy set to Y. That I did not think of and I will have to check. Ideally I just need multiple incoming calls per phone via the hunt group which is why I gave them 4 intercoms. Any ideas how to improve this poor man's ACD?

In the system Co-ordinator guide it will explain how each type of hunt group works.
In some cases putting each person in there own group helps using overflow to other groups.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

It is broadcast but will only deliver 1 call to a phone at a time. Guess I will tinker with it a bit.

jaasd that is how a hunt groups work. It assumes the others in the hunt group are there to answer calls unlike a call center application where you can log in/out.

If you want every phone to ring on every call regardless of the phone state, use ANS DN. Just keep in mind how that affects voice mail.

Marv ccna

Noted, thank you Marv-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back