Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 Hard Drive replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenMD

Technical User
Feb 25, 2017
US
Hello-
I've been reading through the threads trying to determine if I'm doing the right thing. I figured it was time to just ask all of the very smart people on here.

Issue- BCM50; all phones down, cant access BEM. Reboot, everything back to normal. Next day, all phones down. Reboot, system will not recover, all phones down, one yellow one green light on box.

Googled and read threads and determined the hard drive has failed.

Opened box and got the exact part number off the old drive and ordered a new one. It is an NT9T4009E5 02
I ordered a BCM50 programmed HDD with R2

I have a USB back up and was able to look at the txt file. I see that it has this line= # Upgrade (230 = release 2.0 to 6.0 upgrade) I can also see the KeyCode.

When I install the new hard drive, what will be my next steps? What should I do to get it back to its operational state before the failure? I think this is where the USB drive will come in. I assume from reading the forum I will need to upgrade to R6 after its back up and running.

Thanks for reading my post, I'm just a novice trying to work this out on my own.

Not Darren Dodd ?. You can sometimes fix the hard disk if it's the original Maxtor 40 gig by swapping over the circuit board with a working one.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I have a USB back up and was able to look at the txt file. I see that it has this line= # Upgrade (230 = release 2.0 to 6.0 upgrade) I can also see the KeyCode."

If it's already been upgraded to R6 you need to replace the failed hard drive with an R6. I think you'll find the R2 replacement won't boot up since the Linux equivalent of the BIOS was changed in the R2 to R6 upgrade process. The R6 saves a copy of the license file in onboard eprom memory, so no need to reload the licenses.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Firebird-
I just sent you an email.
Darren Dodd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back