Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 DHCP...how to disable

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphysmom

Technical User
Nov 19, 2006
CA
I have a BCM50 on a network the router has DHCP...if I have to disable one...can it be done on BCM50...oir does it deactivate itself?

Yes, but do you have IP phones or digital phones? If IP phones you might want to make sure DHCP on the BCM is not being used for the phones. Typically it will be set to "Enabled-IP phones only"

You can disable it by logging in and open Data Services, click DHCP service and then choose disable from the drop down.

One of the settings is on for IP phones only. I've found that using that brings up the phones much quicker and is full DHCP. If the network has a DHCP server, you might want to turn DHCP off in the BCM completely unless the phones and BCM are on different VLANs, and use partial DHCP on the phones. If it's a BCM50e or BCM50a, it has a built in router in the bcm as well. I believe DHCP will be on by default in the router and off in the bcm e or a. Yes, they're in the same phtsical box but are managed separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back