Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 : Dead hard drive, replaced. How to install if I can't clone the old one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiboM

Technical User
Jul 10, 2020
CA
Hi, after ours of looking online I figured out why our BCM50 wasn't working, the hard drive failed. Thus, I replaced the dead hard drive with a new one, but now I'm a little stuck. How am I supposed to clone it to the new one if it's dead? Is there a place I can download the software that was on it and start from scratch if I don't have a back up? I'm a little lost and the direction im supposed to take, I couldn't find anyone that knows anything about that in my area.

Will the attached guide help?

One trick I learned some time ago was if your existing disk was the original Maxtor 40 gig one. Sometimes, when the disk fails, its not the actual disk, but the circuit board that attaches to it and if possible, try to replace it with one from a working one. It is held together with a few Torex screws.

I use cloning tools such as WinHex or Acronis.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

You can purchase a BCM Multi-Image Hard Drive or the Software version you had (you need to know before anything) or hire a vendor (recommended, and does not have to live in your basement)) to supply you a download.
You then have the issue of keycodes, if you do not have backups of the keycodes then you must purchase new ones (but not from just anywhere).
Then that's when Firebird's guide come's in handy.
And yes, BCM's do no not clone hard drives or auto load software's.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back