Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 Daylight Savings Patch... Bugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

26thPair

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
US
Has anyone noticed a problem with the patches for the Daylight Savings? I recently updated a couple of my BCM 50's and ran a test to see how well they work by advancing my calendar to after the time change.

Problem. The system will reflect the time change internally but not on the phones. Has anyone else experienced this. It appears to me that Nortel's patch may have a bug in it.

Worked for me. Set the time on the system to March 11, sometime before 2 AM, and the clock will advance on the phones properly once 2 AM passes.

ran a test to see how well they work by advancing my calendar to after the time change."

That's the problem you advanced the time and didn't let the system do it.

That doesn't make any sense.

The clock should advance and show the correct time regardless of how it's done. And that still doesn't explain why it only showed on internally and not on the phones.

The time on the phones is not 'real time'. It's updated at intervals.

Unplug your phone, plug it back in and it will most likely show the correct time.

Or, set the system to 1:58 AM on 3/11 and watch what happens to the time on the phones.

I tried that also (unplugging and plugging in the phone) but, to no avail. The time still didn't update.

Did you set the time on the system to 3/11/2007, 1:58 AM and let it roll past 2 AM to see what happens?

Do you have all the 'dependency' patches installed?

Ok. I figured out what was going on.

I found out that you can advance the clocks manually to check that your system is running right. But the system will always revert the time back one hour upon doing so. It appears to be taking the daylight savings time into consideration and overriding your request. You then will need to advance the clock one hour to reflect the correct time.

Example: Say you need to set your clock to 2 pm March 18th. The system will set the time to 1 pm March 18th because of the Daylight Saving Time patch. In which you'll need to make that 1 hour correction.

It doesn't make any sense why Nortel's system does that. I would think that if anything the clock would be 1 hour ahead of your request but, after 4 hours of playing with it that's the conclusion I found.

I can see this being a pain in the butt for new installs after the time change. But as other have said, "It does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back