Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 card issues 4x16

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
Have a BCM 50 R3 with 4x16 expansion card. About 12 phones on the expansion card, found all of phones on the expansion card malfunctioning. Produces dial tone but cannot hang up. Cannot make a call, just obtain intercom dial tone. System is on a UPS and no power outage for 16 months thus far, I can tell from BCM Monitor. I change the power supply, issue persists, change the card and issue gone. Take card back to office, hook it up and no issue, 24 hours later no issue.

So I don't know for sure if the 4x16 card is bad or is there some other problem. Is this a HDD issue?

I am betting it it was dislodging therefore maybe just needed to be re-seated (slammed in).
They do hang upside down if wall mount, maybe it lost contact with just some pins.

Another thought, is it hot at site...in the room?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks. It's very cool at the customer site but dusty. I kept it overnight in a hot room, no ac, 90F, in my office and it worked fine.

Dislodging is a possibility I did not think of. To me, they are always stuck in there pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back