Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 1.0 will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevomorrison

Programmer
Aug 31, 2006
CA
I have a BCM 50 version 1.0 that keeps cylcing through the boot process. It does the same as any other system (two orange lights, then the bottom light flashes 10 times, then goes to one orange and one green light)]but after sitting at the orange and green light for about 2 mins it restars back to two solid orange and runs through the same thing. I did a level 2 reset and it went through and completed the process with 2 green lights but then went to the above sequence again.

Sounds like the hard drive has failed..
Replace it with the same version harddrive if you have one.
The restore your keycodes or Backup..

Although your BCM 50 isn't powering up, I think your hard disk is still OK. The best thing is to follow my guide at

You should at least see if you can hook up your disk to see if you have any bad sectors.

The normal method would be to get your whole BCM 50 replaced and have your keycodes migrated, but my guide tackles this in a different way if you still have a recent backup and a copy of the keycodes etc.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back