Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 450 Paging noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatboy02

Technical User
Jun 17, 2008
US
BCM450 system using viking delay paging unit,older Bogen amp. When any user including cordless and IP desk phones page over sets and horns. sets sound find but horns play the page message and a lot of sounds such as wind going across the mouthpiece. It's hard to explain but it's like the mouthpiece is SUPER SENSITIVE and is picking up everything during the page. I have tried the WMT-1A with no change. If you page from an IP desk phone and don't move and press the goodbye key when you finish the page it seems fine. If you page from an IP phone that sits on a desk in the warehouse area it sounds like your paging from a pyle of leaves. Any thoughts let me know.

Is there a way you could directly hook the BCM paging Feature 62 input into the Bogen Amp via a Tel/Page input on the back of the amp? I have a TOA amp and i2004 and 1140e phones that are hooked up to my BCM and they sound crystal clear. I assume the Viking Delay paging unit may be the problem?

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back